The Disaster Recovery Specialist will serve as a senior leader on the Disaster Recovery team. This team supports both the DR and High Availability (HA) Programs. The DR Specialist is responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, follow up, problem resolution and status reporting on global Disaster Recovery Testing and Infrastructure projects spanning four datacenters supporting in excess of 120 applications, to ensure that each is completed on time and within budget, and that the deliverables meet business requirements. The Specialist will plan and coordinate execution of very complex large-scale DR Tests impacting the entire company as well as smaller-scale tests on a regular basis, and is responsible to ensure the company is prepared to recover in the event that an actual disaster occurs.
The DR Specialist will liaise with members of the IT App Support and Operations & Support teams to develop documentation, write DR procedures, develop DR solutions for new applications being deployed, and coordinate DR tests for new application testing outside of the standard datacenter.
The DR Specialist will serve on the Engineering Committee to represent the DR Team and evaluate any new DR requirements coming in with new projects. In addition, the DR Manager will initiate general recommendations for process improvements and assist with the implementation of those improvements.
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate execution of large-scale, global DR tests impacting all lines of business.
• Manage schedules and resource allocation with Development Managers, IT and O&S team members, and business users/testers as required.
• Coordination and management of IT resources across multiple time zones for DR / HA Testing events.
• Initiate and manage DR related projects with project sponsors, stakeholders and team members using the Citco Project Management framework standard project management process and knowledge areas.
• Serve on the Engineering Committee representing the DR Team to review all new applications for conformance with Citco's technology stack and standard DR methods.
• Produce standard DR deliverables including: DR Test Plans, DR Test Reports, and DR Plans.
• Manage the DR Documentation Tool, CPO Tracker as an administrator.
• Identification and communication of DR risks, and the development of risk mitigation strategies and escalation procedures.
• Manage internal and external audit requests and responses. Address open audit items and Risks.
• Manage the Disaster Recovery SharePoint portal with documentation updates, structure, access, etc.
• Collect, trend and report key metrics for measuring DR / HA Program successes